The Castle of Monteroni is an example of medieval fortress of the fourteenth centuries. Takes the term "Castellaccio" after World War II because of the poor state of repair, while the term "monteroni" derives from the Etruscan necropolis near tall mounds excavated in 1838 by the Duchess Sermoneta (today there are only a couple). The castle first belonged to the Papal States and later in the sixteenth century.   the Marquis of Riano, after the second war came under the authority marshes that gave farmers sharecroppers before being abandoned around 1960. She is currently in 'via the aqueduct of sto' and was once guarded the ancient track dell'aurelia linking Statua in Civitavecchia. The castle has two floors, the size of 36 x 22m and a 'height of 8m, the four vertices has four crenellated towers of side 5m.  Besides the castle, there were two trees in a stable and barn wood. From the works of G. Micali (to illustrate the unique monument of the ancient history of the Italian population, 1844) and A. Nibby (Historical and antiquarian topographical de 'outskirts of Rome, 1837) we know that in the early nineteenth century was used as a staging post then to the tavern. He was restored in 1910 and were found during excavations of pottery type genucilia the symbol of the wheel and parts of buccheri fourth century B.C. dating. The material had to be the residue of some tomb was destroyed during the first construction of the castle. All the material became part of the private collection of E. Panunzi . In 1959 the director Monicelli turned the final scene of the movie "The Great War" with A.Sordi and V.Gassman. Deaf and the barn is gone and the castle had a restoration in 2000 on the occasion of the Jubilee, but dull disputes tape was never used and so now in 2010 is again in bad  of abandonment and most serious is that the money was spent on us taxpayers!


Rollover Button Generator by Free-Buttons.org v2.0